Welcome to the Parents section of the website where we have endeavoured to include all the information you will need to support your child while at King James Academy. Use the left hand menu to explore the different tabs.
We have chosen to add a Pupils section to encourage our pupils to take responsibility for making sure they have the right equipment, uniform and are punctual to school each day.
You may also wish to consult the About us, Key Information or the Remote Access Links tabs where other useful information is provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I find out what uniform my child will need and where I can purchase it?
2. What should I do if there is a problem with my child’s uniform or PE kit?
Please email the school office, and a message will be sent to the appropriate staff.
3. Can my child wear religious dress?
Yes, please write to the Headteacher to request an appointment to discuss wearing of religious dress.
4. How can I help my child to avoid losing items of their uniform?
5. Can my child wear jewellery?
Years 7 - 11:
Years 5 - 6:
6. Can my child wear make-up?
7. What happens in hot weather with ties and blazers?
All students will be expected to wear their ties and jumper / or blazers (depending on year group) to and from school. The Headteacher will decide whether students can remove their ties / blazers inside the classroom if the weather is exceptionally hot.
8. What will happen if my child is in the wrong uniform?
If there is a genuine reason for this please send a note or email your childs Tutor (Teacher for years 5 & 6). If there isn't a reasons for this then in line with the King James Academy Behaviour Policy your child will be issued with a “consequence”. As a school we wish to be inclusive to all families, so if your family is experiencing hardship please do make contact.
9. Are there expectations for how pupils cut their hair?
Haircuts should look smart and not follow extreme fashion trends which draw unnecessary attention to the student. For health and safety the wearing of hair braids or beads is not recommended. For PE and Science, long hair should be tied back.